Hadoop >> mail # user >> hadoop multinode with 2 nodes error starting datanode on slave

+
Kshitij Jhamb 2012-11-26, 13:07
Re: hadoop multinode with 2 nodes error starting datanode on slave

Look at your TaskTracker and DataNode logs. Going by the instructions on the page you linked, they should be in /usr/local/hadoop/logs.

+Vinod

On Nov 26, 2012, at 5:07 AM, Kshitij Jhamb wrote:

> hey hadoop users i need some help for running multi node hadoop
> I'm following
>
> http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-multi-node-cluster/
>
> I have a hadoop cluster(2 nodes) but I ran jps on the master node and slave node but not all process are started
>
> master:
> 22160 NameNode
> 22716 Jps
> 22458 JobTracker
>
> slave:
> 32195 Jps
>
> the slave node is not detecting datanode? can anyone help?

+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-11-26, 19:02