Avro >> mail # user >> Question about Avro "records"

+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 21:47
+
Pankaj Shroff 2013-02-27, 21:54
+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 22:14
+
Pankaj Shroff 2013-02-27, 22:21
+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 22:52
+
Doug Cutting 2013-02-27, 22:20
+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 22:51
+
Doug Cutting 2013-02-27, 23:10
+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 23:55
+
Doug Cutting 2013-02-28, 01:12
+
Jeremy Kahn 2013-02-28, 01:30
Re: Question about Avro "records"
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Jeremy Kahn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd be happy to add methods to the avro.RecordSchema objects (in the Python
> libraries) that "fill defaults" on missing member fields of a record,
> recursively (which probably means method extension of other schema classes
> as well). Shall I open a JIRA ticket for this for 1.7.5?

That would be great.  Thanks!

> (Does providing this for Python pot me on the hook for such a thing in other
> implementation languages? I hope not.)

Not at all.

Cheers,

Doug