HBase, mail # user - Master election in multi-Master environment

Re: Master election in multi-Master environment
Lars George 2012-03-10, 22:55
Hi Konrad,

The masters simply use a znode in ZooKeeper to track which is which. This is a basic and fundamental mechanism that ZK provides and nothing above that is needed.

Note that you can start masters in non-active mode to enforce that you start the active on a node of your choice.

Lars