MapReduce >> mail # user >> Differences between YARN and Hadoop

+
Tom Brown 2012-10-18, 20:33
+
Harsh J 2012-10-19, 05:36
+
Ruslan Al-Fakikh 2012-10-18, 22:01
Re: Differences between YARN and Hadoop
Right now Hadoop seems to refer to the bundle of the MRv1 framework
and HDFS though both can be used independently. Since MRv2 is its own
top level project, where does leave HDFS?

--Tom

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Ruslan Al-Fakikh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
> From the beginning YARN was a part of the Hadoop project. Now it has
> been decided to move it to a top-level apache project.
> So, now there are two ways of running hadoop jobs:
> 1) "Old" hadoop (the current stable thing)
> 2) YARN + MR implementation (the future thing, still not stable AFAIK)
>
> Hope that helps
>
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Tom Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> To all,
>>
>> I have a few questions regarding YARN (with respect to Hadoop):
>>
>> Are YARN and Hadoop separate, or is YARN the successor to Hadoop?
>>
>> What are the major conceptual differences between YARN and Hadoop?
>>
>> I have further questions, but they may or may not make sense depending
>> on the answers to the above.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Tom Brown
+