Hadoop >> mail # general >> HBase trunk on 0.23 Was: Update on hadoop-0.23

HBase trunk on 0.23 Was: Update on hadoop-0.23
Minor correction to Todd's report, currently HBase TRUNK doesn't compile
against 0.23 (
https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-TRUNK-on-Hadoop-23/42/console
):

[ERROR] /home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/HBase-TRUNK-on-Hadoop-23/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/util/FSHDFSUtils.java:[35,38]
cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol  : class FSConstants
[ERROR] location: package org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol
[ERROR]

Cheers

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 12:56 PM, Todd Lipcon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just an update from the HBase side: I've run some cluster tests on
> HDFS 0.23 (as of about a month ago) and it generally works well.
> Performance for some workloads is ~2x due to HDFS-941, and can be
> improved a bit more if I finish HDFS-2080 in time. I did not do
> extensive failure testing (to stress the new append/sync code) but I
> do plan to do that in the coming months.
>
> HBase trunk can compile against 0.23 by using -Dhadoop23 on the maven
> build. Currently some 15 or so tests are failing - the following HBase
> JIRA tracks those issues:
>
> (these may be indicative of HDFS side bugs)
>
> Any help there from the community would be appreciated!
>
> -Todd
>
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Arun!
> >
> > Thanks for the quick reply!
> >
> > I'm sorry if I had too many questions in my original email, but I can't
> find
> > an answer to my "integration tests" question. Could you, please, share
> > a URL with us where I can find out more about them?
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:20 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >> # We made changes to Pig - rather we got help from the Pig team,
> particularly Daniel.
> >>
> >> So, we plan to work through the rest of the stack - Hive, Oozie etc.
> very soon and we'll
> >> depend on updated releases from the individual projects.
> >
> > Do we have any kinds of commitment from downstream projects as far as
> those
> > updates are concerned? Are they targeting these changes as part of point
> (patch)
> > release of an already released version (like Pig 0.9.X for example) or
> > will it be
> > part of a brand new major release?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Roman.
> >

> --
> Todd Lipcon
> Software Engineer, Cloudera

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-09-29, 02:16
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-09-29, 02:26
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686... 2011-09-29, 06:40
+
Ted Yu 2011-09-29, 06:45