Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4

+
Josh Elser 2013-09-18, 02:59
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-18, 03:10
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-18, 03:19
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-19, 02:38
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 13:56
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-18, 14:28
+
Christopher 2013-09-18, 18:09
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-18, 15:24
+
Christopher 2013-09-19, 14:15
Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> -0 For no source tarball (zip only).

Looking back at some old releases, is the best practice to make a source
tarball (which contains the same stuff as the source-release zip the apache
parent pom provides) and throw that up on people.apache.org?

> Also, the POM could be simplified a bit if the parent POM was updated
> to the latest version (not a blocker for this vote, but something to
> keep in mind for future releases).

Updated to the latest version of.. ?
> FYI. You can configure maven-release-plugin to not push by default.
> That way, you can manually push the branch, without the tag... and
> just reference the sha1 rather than the tag name, in the call for the
> vote. After the vote passes, anybody can tag the specified commit id
> with the final tag name.

The dryRun option? I hadn't thought about enforcing that by default, but
that's a good idea and would prevent others from falling into the same pit
that I did :)
> --
> Christopher L Tubbs II
> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 10:59 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Devs,
> >
> > Please consider the following candidate project as a "sister" release to
> > Apache Accumulo 1.4.4: Apache Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4
> >
> > For those unaware, Keith started this as a pet-project on Github, but the
> > two of us worked together to make a Maven archetype from it. As such,
> this
> > archetype gives a first-time user a way to get an Accumulo MiniCluster
> > instance up and running with only Java and Maven installed with examples
> > that run MapReduce and the Accumulo shell against said MiniCluster.
> >
> > The release has been staged at
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-070/
> > using the instructions found at
> > http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html. The
> repository
> > (and tag '1.4.4' which the release was built from) can be found at
> > https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo-instamo-archetype.git.
> >
> > I did mess up the invocation of the maven-release-plugin when preparing
> the
> > release which is why the tag is '1.4.4' and not '1.4.4-RC1'. I'll revert
> my
> > mess if there are problems with this release.
> >
> > This vote will remain open for 72 hours. For those wondering, I also
> have a
> > 1.5.0 release of the archetype that uses Apache Accumulo 1.5.0 ready to
> go.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > - Josh

+