Accumulo, mail # dev - [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 14:22
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> -0 For no source tarball (zip only).

Looking back at some old releases, is the best practice to make a source
tarball (which contains the same stuff as the source-release zip the apache
parent pom provides) and throw that up on people.apache.org?

> Also, the POM could be simplified a bit if the parent POM was updated
> to the latest version (not a blocker for this vote, but something to
> keep in mind for future releases).

Updated to the latest version of.. ?
> FYI. You can configure maven-release-plugin to not push by default.
> That way, you can manually push the branch, without the tag... and
> just reference the sha1 rather than the tag name, in the call for the
> vote. After the vote passes, anybody can tag the specified commit id
> with the final tag name.

The dryRun option? I hadn't thought about enforcing that by default, but
that's a good idea and would prevent others from falling into the same pit
that I did :)