Re: VOTE: HDFS-347 merge
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Tsz Wo Sze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The reason to keep it around is that the HDFS-347 only support Unix but not
> other OS.

Given that this is an optimization, and we have a ton of optimizations
which don't yet run on Windows, I don't think that should be
considered. Additionally, the Windows support has not yet been merged,
nor is it in any release, so this isn't a regression.

I would be happy to review an addition to the HDFS-347 branch which
addresses this issue. But I don't think we should be maintaining two
codepaths for the sake of an optimization on a platform which is not
yet officially supported on trunk, especially when the old code path
is _insecure_ and thus unusable in most environments.

Todd