HBase >> mail # dev >> Release killed... RC3 coming soon WAS -> Re: [VOTE] Shall we release hbase-0.20.4 Release Candidate 2 as hbase-0.20.4? (WAS --> Re: [VOTE] Shall we release hbase-0.20.4 Release Candidate 1 as hbase-0.20.4?)

+
Stack 2010-04-23, 00:50
Re: Release killed... RC3 coming soon WAS -> Re: [VOTE] Shall we release hbase-0.20.4 Release Candidate 2 as hbase-0.20.4? (WAS --> Re: [VOTE] Shall we release hbase-0.20.4 Release Candidate 1 as hbase-0.20.4?)
I've noticed there are more places where exceptions tend to be eaten, or transformed in a generic IOException. Working around this tends to obscure logic sometimes.  More, most of the classes seem to both catch and throw IOException as a "standard". Perhaps working a bit towards having a richer set of IOException subclasses would make sense. Anyone thought of that?

Cosmin
On Apr 23, 2010, at 3:50 AM, Stack wrote:

> HBASE-2481 "Client is not getting UnknownScannerExceptions; they are
> being eaten" sinks this release candidate.  Will fix and put up a new
> candidate this evening.
> St.Ack
>
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I've posted an hbase 0.20.4 release candidate 2 here:
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.20.4-candidate-2/
>>
>> Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.20.4?
>>
>> In includes some critical fixes and some performance enhancements (See
>> CHANGES.txt or the release notes in the docs [1] for the list of over
>> 100 issues addressed by this candidate).
>>
>> Please take it for a test spin if you have a chance.  Vote closes
>> Tuesday, the 27th of April.
>>
>> Yours,
>> The HBase Team
>>
>> 1. http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.20.4-candidate-2/hbase-0.20.4/docs/releasenotes.html
>>

>> On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 10:14 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> I've posted an hbase 0.20.4 release candidate here:
>>>
>>>  http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.20.4-candidate-1/
>>>
>>> Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.20.4?
>>>
>>> In includes some critical fixes and some performance enhancements (See
>>> CHANGES.txt or http://su.pr/4QEGFv for the list of over 100 issues
>>> addressed by this candidate).
>>>
>>> Please take it for a test spin if you have a chance.  Vote closes
>>> Sunday, the 24th of April.
>>>
>>> Yours,
>>> The HBase Team

+