Zookeeper, mail # user - ZooKeeper Scale

+
Rohan Desai 2012-10-16, 01:23
+
Camille Fournier 2012-10-16, 01:31
Re: ZooKeeper Scale
Patrick Hunt 2012-10-16, 06:43
It's been a while, and it's probably highly dependent on the exact use
cases, but I have tested successfully with 5m znodes and 25m watches.
This was a three server ensemble. In this case 500 clients each
created 10k znodes, then set 5 watches on each of the znodes they
created, then deleted the znodes. The watches were notified on order
of seconds. I did have to tune the amount of memory and GC but otw it
worked fine for me.

Patrick

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Camille Fournier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I believe that folks at FB have done some very very heavy-load ZK usage and
> could talk more about scale, but I suspect that the current releases of ZK
> would not scale to what you are looking for. Can you tell us more details
> about what you're trying to do?

> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Rohan Desai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Has any performance testing been done on !ZooKeeper to determine how many
>> concurrent watches are supported? The application I am considering using ZK
>> for would use ~4000000 znodes and set ~4000000 concurrent watches.  All the
>> performance numbers I found on the ZK docs were reads/write per second. Are
>> there any numbers for concurrent watches?

+
Thawan Kooburat 2012-10-16, 22:55