HBase >> mail # user >> Creating a Table using HFileOutputFormat

+
Renaud Delbru 2010-09-23, 11:16
+
Stack 2010-09-23, 16:13
+
Renaud Delbru 2010-09-23, 16:50
+
Stack 2010-09-23, 18:22
+
Renaud Delbru 2010-09-23, 18:25
+
Renaud Delbru 2010-09-24, 11:54
+
Ted Yu 2010-09-24, 15:55
Re: Creating a Table using HFileOutputFormat
 On 24/09/10 16:55, Ted Yu wrote:
>  From TotalOrderPartitioner:
>        K[] splitPoints = readPartitions(fs, partFile, keyClass, conf);
>        if (splitPoints.length != job.getNumReduceTasks() - 1) {
> Partition list can be empty if you use 1 reducer.
>
> But this is not what you want I guess.
Yes, this is not what we want since we want to create x regions.
But, we just found that there is a tool, InputSampler, in the hadoop
library for this task. It will sample an arbitrary dataset, and create
the partition splits. We will try first this approach. My guess is that,
even if these partitions are an approximation, it should be ok for
hbase. The size of the regions will be not totally identical, but it
should not be a problem since the larger regions will be the first ones
split into smaller regions by hbase. Can somebody confirm this assumption ?
--
Renaud Delbru