Flume, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] Git as primary source control for Flume

+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-07-11, 06:55
+
Juhani Connolly 2012-07-11, 07:04
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-07-11, 07:04
+
Will McQueen 2012-07-11, 07:06
+
Ralph Goers 2012-07-11, 16:11
+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-07-11, 16:31
+
Ralph Goers 2012-07-11, 18:11
+
Ralph Goers 2012-07-11, 18:19
+
Brock Noland 2012-07-11, 18:39
+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-07-11, 20:05
+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-07-11, 20:19
Re: [DISCUSS] Git as primary source control for Flume
Mubarak Seyed 2012-07-11, 18:12
+1 for git!

Thanks,
Mubarak

On Jul 11, 2012, at 9:31 AM, Hari Shreedharan wrote:

> Ralph,
>
> Yes, review board does integrate with git pretty well. As of now, there is a repo called flume-git on review board which you need to select to submit a git generated patch. In fact, if we use git, we don't need to select the base folder etc(as we do for an svn patch), simply uploading the patch is enough.
>
> Hari
>
> --
> Hari Shreedharan
>

> On Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 9:11 AM, Ralph Goers wrote:
>
>> Does the review tool integrate with git? By that I mean will patches still need to be added to the review tool or is it capable of figuring out the differences on its own if the enhancement/fix is on a "branch" (or fork or whatever it is that git calls it). If so, this would make RTC much more user friendly.
>>
>> Ralph
>>
>> On Jul 10, 2012, at 11:55 PM, Hari Shreedharan wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Apache infra is now allowing projects to choose git as the primary source control, if the project community choose so. I have been using git svn for commits and git to maintain my repo, but recently there have been issues with the git-svn sync (earlier git mirror had substantial delays - but now it looks like it is missing commits).
>>>
>>> I would like to know how many of you would be interested in such a move, to host Flume as wip git repo at Apache. Please note that this is not meant to be a comparison of git and svn, this is just a discussion to gauge the community's interest in using git as the primary source control.
>>>
>>> Also, please note that I have not communicated this with ASF Infra about this, and I am not exactly sure how the move would work. I will work on that if there is sufficient interest within the community.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Hari
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hari Shreedharan