HBase, mail # user - Moving master and namenode...

Moving master and namenode...
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-09, 16:02
Hi,

I have added one new server in my cluster and I want to move the
master and the namenode into this new server, and install the previous
master as a datanode/RS.

In the existing namenode, I will need to backup the NameNode storage
directories and restore them on the new namenode, and then reconfigure
all the servers to use this new namenode. Is that the right way to
proceed? Any risks for the data?

Regarding the master, I simply need to configure all the region
servers to point to this new master? Nothing I need to transfert from
the existing master to the new one?

I just want to make sure I don't miss something and lose everything.

Thanks,

JM
+
Harsh J 2013-02-10, 20:22