Pig >> mail # user >> Loading a custom schema

+
Siddhi Borkar 2013-09-26, 07:59
Re: Loading a custom schema
Hi Siddhi,

PigStorage by default looks for ".pig_schema" under the input dir. If you
would like to use a different filename, you would have to override
PigStorage.getSchema(String location, Job job) and define a custom
JsonMetadata object. You might want to start here.

Using a schema file location completely outside of data files would involve
passing the appropriate "schema path" location to JsonMetadata.getSchema.
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Siddhi Borkar <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to load a tsv file using PigStorage
>
> input_data = load 'input.tsv' using PigStorage('\t','-schema');
>
> This loads the tsv file as per the .pig_schema file present in the input
> folder.
>
> Is there any way to load the schema from a custom path? For ex, say I have
> the schema saved in a different directory and a different name
> (not.pig_schema) than the directory where input file is located.
>
> Thanks,
> Siddhi

+
Siddhi Borkar 2013-10-03, 03:39