HBase >> mail # dev >> [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

+
Stack 2013-07-27, 21:52
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-28, 18:14
+
Stack 2013-07-28, 23:01
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 00:43
+
Stack 2013-07-29, 15:16
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 15:45
+
Stack 2013-07-29, 17:26
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-29, 17:51
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 18:43
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 18:50
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-07-30, 01:46
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-30, 04:23
+
Stack 2013-07-30, 04:47
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-29, 18:37
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 02:02
+
Stack 2013-07-30, 03:44
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 04:11
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-30, 04:51
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 05:16
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-07-30, 20:55
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-30, 21:37
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 22:29
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-30, 23:08
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 23:53
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-07-30, 22:28
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-31, 00:39
+
James Taylor 2013-07-31, 03:20
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-31, 04:11
+
James Taylor 2013-07-31, 04:38
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-31, 16:55
+
Stack 2013-07-31, 17:31
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-31, 19:04
+
James Taylor 2013-07-31, 20:19
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-31, 20:34
+
James Taylor 2013-07-31, 20:44
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-31, 20:53
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-30, 23:10
+
Stack 2013-08-03, 20:35
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-03, 21:08
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-08-03, 21:43
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-03, 22:10
+
Stack 2013-08-05, 15:31
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-05, 17:01
+
Elliott Clark 2013-08-14, 00:24
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-14, 00:40
I have explained why this patch is very different than a new HFile +
Tags, but I'm more than willing to re-iterate those reasons.

* It's at least an order of magnitude smaller than HFile v3.
* It's not a new feature.
* It's a minor tweak on one that's already there
* It's much less risky.
* It's in a production ready state now.
* It's already got a plus one.
* It's been running on integration test clusters for a while (as
witnessed by it being used to find actual bugs in 0.95).
* This change can't be done on a later date since it changes HTrace's
public api that users of HBase would be calling.

+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-14, 20:16
+
Stack 2013-08-14, 19:57