HBase >> mail # user >> drop table

I am trying to drop one of the tables but on the shell I get run
major_compact. I have couple of questions:

1. How to see if this table has more than one region?
2. And why do I need to run major compact
hbase(main):010:0* drop 'SESSION_TIMELINE'

ERROR: Table SESSION_TIMELINE is enabled. Disable it first.'

Here is some help for this command:

Drop the named table. Table must first be disabled. If table has

more than one region, run a major compaction on .META.:

hbase> major_compact ".META."