Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Features that depends on txnlog lookup and its integrity

+
Thawan Kooburat 2013-06-01, 00:26
Re: Features that depends on txnlog lookup and its integrity
I think it's an interesting idea certainly worth discussing. Do you have
any proposals for how we might modify? What should we think about wrt
migration/backwards compatibility?

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 8:26 PM, Thawan Kooburat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just want to start a discussion about the usage of txnlog. Here is the
> list of features that need to lookup information from txnlog. Theses
> feature need to ensure the integrity of txnlog and having an efficient
> lookup is good for performance as well.
>
> ZOOKEEPER-1413 -  The leader use txnlog to synchronize with the
> learners.It need to read txnlog in sequential manner starting from a given
> zxid.
> ZOOKEEPER-22 – The design proposal mentioned that the leader should lookup
> txnlog to response to the client if a request is accepted by the client or
> not. The server need to lookup txn by sessionId and cxid
> ZOOKEEPER-1416 – The server need to be able to tell the list of deleted
> nodes starting a given zxid.  One possible implementation is to walk txnlog
> staring from a given zxid and look for delete txn.
>
> Do we need to change the way we store txnlog so that we can ensure
> integrity and more efficient lookup?
>
> --
> Thawan Kooburat

+