Colin McCabe 2013-04-01, 23:32
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-04-02, 00:04
+
Colin McCabe 2013-04-02, 01:58
+
Colin McCabe 2013-04-02, 17:38
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-04-02, 21:08
+
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-04-03, 06:47
Re: VOTE: HDFS-347 merge
Colin,

We usually conclude the last VOTE before starting a new one.  Otherwise, people may be confused between the VOTEs.  (In case you don't know our convention.  Please check with someone before starting a VOTE.  Thanks.)
-1
* The previous VOTE started by Colin has not been concluded.

* The branch is not ready.  The code misuses DataTransferProtocol.  Documentation of the new conf properties are missing.  Also, the code in the branch needs to be polished.  See HDFS-347 and HDFS-4661 for more details.

Tsz-Wo

________________________________
 From: Colin McCabe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 7:32 AM
Subject: VOTE: HDFS-347 merge

Hi all,

I think it's time to merge the HDFS-347 branch back to trunk.  It's been under
review and testing for several months, and provides both a performance
advantage, and the ability to use short-circuit local reads without
compromising system security.

Previously, we tried to merge this and the objection was brought up that we
should keep the old, insecure short-circuit local reads around so that
platforms for which secure SCR had not yet been implemented could use it
(e.g. Windows).  This has been addressed-- see HDFS-4538 for details.
Suresh has also volunteered to maintain the insecure SCR code until secure
SCR can be implemented for Windows.

Please cast your vote by EOD Monday 4/8.

best,
Colin
+
Todd Lipcon 2013-04-05, 04:21