 From: Colin McCabe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 7:32 AM
Subject: VOTE: HDFS-347 merge

Hi all,

I think it's time to merge the HDFS-347 branch back to trunk.  It's been under
review and testing for several months, and provides both a performance
advantage, and the ability to use short-circuit local reads without
compromising system security.

Previously, we tried to merge this and the objection was brought up that we
should keep the old, insecure short-circuit local reads around so that
platforms for which secure SCR had not yet been implemented could use it
(e.g. Windows).  This has been addressed-- see HDFS-4538 for details.
Suresh has also volunteered to maintain the insecure SCR code until secure
SCR can be implemented for Windows.

Please cast your vote by EOD Monday 4/8.

best,
Colin