Avro, mail # dev - Avro Board Report

Avro Board Report
Matt Massie 2011-01-17, 19:15
I need to submit a board report today for Avro which covers October,
November and December.  Please let me know if you would like anything added
or amended in this report as soon as possible.
Thanks

-Matt

== Avro Board Report =

Apache Avro™ is a data serialization and RPC system.
== Releases =

The Avro team released version 1.4.1 on October 13th, 2010.  This release

included contributions from seven unique authors.  It included new features

such as SASL security for socket-based RPC and support for reading Hadoop

sequence files as Avro data to MapReduce API.  There were also a handful

of improvements and bug fixes across all Avro implementation languages.
== Overall Activity =

Mailing list traffic on the developer list has averaged about 5 messages/day

since our last board report.  Much of the traffic on the developer mailing
list

is Jira-generated messages.  Since October, there have been 60 new Jiras

opened and 35 Jiras resolved that were created by 14 unique reporters.
Mailing list traffic on the user mailing list remains

around 1-2 messages a day.  Most questions on this list

pertain to Avro best practices, questions around building

a schema, etc.
== Committers and PMC members =

There have been no changes to the Avro PMC or committers since the last

board report in October 2010.