Zookeeper, mail # user - Dump all changes on ZK to file

Dump all changes on ZK to file
kishore g 2011-09-13, 22:53
Hi,

I want to dump all changes that happen on ZK to a file.

What I am trying to do is following

   - Set  up some application specific structure on zookeeper.
   - Start a listener or something equivalent that watches on all the nodes.
   - Multiple processes are connected to Zookeeper and they make some
   changes on the ZK as needed
   - The listener will detect the changes and dump the changes to a file in
   some structure
   - Once the run is over there will be a verification tool which will go
   over the change log and do some verifications.

I am not sure if there is already a tool to do this or if it is possible to
get all changes from ZK server logs.

I am aware that if we have a separate listener we may not be able to get all
changes since I might miss changes between receiving a notification and a
change happening before i reset the watch. This may not be the case with ZK
logs/snapshot.

This will not be in production but I want to use it to for testing. Idea is
to decouple verification from simulation so that all types of verification
can be done based on the change log.

Any pointers/suggestions ?

thanks,
Kishore G