Hive >> mail # user >> Dealing with differents date format

+
Jérôme Verdier 2013-07-02, 09:42
Re: Dealing with differents date format
not sure i fully understand your dilemma.    have you investigated any of
the date functions listed here?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+UDF#LanguageManualUDF-DateFunctions

seems to me you could pull the year and month from a date.  or if you have
an int then do some arithmetic to get the year and month.  eg. year floor( <your int>/10000) and month = cast( <your int> % 100 as int)  [% =modulus operator]

or am i not even answering your question?

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 2:42 AM, Jérôme Verdier
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i trying to translate some PL/SQL script in HiveQL, and dealing with
> unusual date format.
>
> i added a variable in my hive script : '${hiveconf:in_co_an_mois}' which
> is a year/month date format, like this : 201307 (INT format).
>
> I would like to transform this in date format, because i have to increment
> this (add one month/one year).
>
> Is there a way to do this in hive ?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --