From: Shuja Rehman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 3:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Load data from xml using Mapper.py in hive

Hi
I have created a table in hive (Suppose table1 with two columns, col1 and col2 )

now i have an xml file for which i have write a python script which read the xml file and transform it in single row with tab seperated
e.g the output of python script can be

row 1 = val1     val2
row2 =  val3     val4

so the output of file has straight rows with the help of python script. now i want to load this into created table. I have seen the example of in which the data is first loaded in u_data table then transform it using python script in u_data_new but in m scenario. it does not fit as i have xml file as source.
Kindly let me know can I achieve this??
Thanks

--
Regards