HBase, mail # user - HBase without compactions?

+
Otis Gospodnetic 2013-02-19, 03:30
+
Stack 2013-02-19, 06:09
+
Michael Segel 2013-02-19, 06:47
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-02-19, 07:12
+
lars hofhansl 2013-02-19, 08:12
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-02-22, 01:15
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-19, 04:54
Re: HBase without compactions?
Michael Segel 2013-02-19, 05:46
He asked for a compactionless version.
You still have compactions w a stripe compaction.
On Feb 18, 2013, at 10:54 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Take a look at HBASE-7667 Support stripe compaction
>
> Cheers
>
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Otis Gospodnetic <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> It's kind of funny, we run SPM, which includes SPM for HBase (performance
>> monitoring service/tool for HBase essentially) and we currently store all
>> performance metrics in HBase.
>>
>> I see a ton of HBase development activity, which is great, but it just
>> occurred to me that I don't think I recall seeing anything about getting
>> rid of compactions.  Yet, compactions are one thing that I know hurt us the
>> most and is one thing that MapR somehow got rid of in their implementation.
>>
>> Have there been any discussions,attempts, or thoughts about finding a way
>> to avoid compactions?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Otis
>> --