Zookeeper >> mail # user >> zookeeper on SSD

+
Jun Rao 2012-10-03, 16:59
Re: zookeeper on SSD
My experience with SSDs and ZK has been discouraging. SSDs have some
really terrible corner cases for latency. I've seen them take 40+
seconds (that's not a mistake - seconds) for fsync to complete. When
this happened (every few hours) all of the sessions would timeout.

See this article:
http://storagemojo.com/2012/06/07/the-ssd-write-cliff-in-real-life/

Patrick

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Will storing the ZK commit log on SSD improve ZK write latency? Does a ZK
> write wait until data is flushed to disk?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun
+
Jun Rao 2012-10-04, 04:12