Zookeeper >> mail # user >> zookeeper on SSD

Re: zookeeper on SSD
My experience with SSDs and ZK has been discouraging. SSDs have some
really terrible corner cases for latency. I've seen them take 40+
seconds (that's not a mistake - seconds) for fsync to complete. When
this happened (every few hours) all of the sessions would timeout.

See this article:
http://storagemojo.com/2012/06/07/the-ssd-write-cliff-in-real-life/

Patrick