HBase >> mail # dev >> Weekend Reading : Table Locks

+
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-02, 02:47
Re: Weekend Reading : Table Locks
bq. master operations acquiring locks for every region, and region splits
acquiring the region lock for their region

Can you elaborate how the above conclusion was drawn ? Looks like region
split is not categorized as master operation.
To my knowledge, region split requires coordination on master side.

It would be nice if you can document how you tested this feature in the pdf.

Cheers

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Enis Söztutar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you are bored this weekend, you can take a look at the table locks doc,
> that I attached at HBASE-7305.
>
> There has been a lot of confusion about the current status, design and
> implementation, for which I take the blame.
>
> Hope these notes help to answer the questions. If not, leave a note here,
> and I'll update the doc to incorporate the answer.
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12571721/HBaseTableLocks.pdf
>
> Cheers,
> Enis

+