Pig, mail # user - IllegalArgumentException: Not a host:port pair

+
Ryan Cole 2012-03-23, 01:16
+
Norbert Burger 2012-03-23, 01:58
+
Ryan Cole 2012-03-23, 02:07
+
Ryan Cole 2012-03-23, 02:44
Re: IllegalArgumentException: Not a host:port pair
Norbert Burger 2012-03-23, 03:02
Actually on second glance, this seems like an issue not with the HBase
config, but with the server:port info inside your .META. table.  Have you
tried LOADing from a different table besides "events"?  From the HBase
shell, you can use the following command to extract server hostnames for
each of your regions:

scan '.META.',{COLUMNS => 'info:server'}

Dropping and recreating the table should resolve the issue; if you have
real data already, then there are tools in hbase/bin to repair regions.

Norbert

+
Ryan Cole 2012-03-23, 03:20
+