Pig >> mail # user >> IllegalArgumentException: Not a host:port pair

Re: IllegalArgumentException: Not a host:port pair
Actually on second glance, this seems like an issue not with the HBase
config, but with the server:port info inside your .META. table.  Have you
tried LOADing from a different table besides "events"?  From the HBase
shell, you can use the following command to extract server hostnames for
each of your regions:

scan '.META.',{COLUMNS => 'info:server'}

Dropping and recreating the table should resolve the issue; if you have
real data already, then there are tools in hbase/bin to repair regions.

Norbert