Hadoop >> mail # user >> Lucene

Hi
I have a star schema in Oracle database. I have couple of queries that are
being executed in the database and the end result is an aaggregated
data based on columns in the database
For better performance while execuitng these queries the possible solution
what I think is to index the data using Map Reduce(Hadoop) and retrieve
data using Hive queries.

Does Lucene provide better performance in this scenario
1.  by indexing using Lucene instead of HAdoop M/R
2. Searching using Lucene search instead of Hive queries
if i am using lucene what do i do in case i am using HDFS for storing data.
can i use distributed lucene or katta

Thanks,
Burberry