Hive >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Apache Hive 0.11.0 Release Candidate 0

+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-04-30, 09:07
+
Mark Grover 2013-04-30, 17:01
+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2013-04-30, 22:27
+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2013-04-30, 23:09
+
Owen OMalley 2013-05-06, 16:15
+
Owen OMalley 2013-05-06, 18:35
+
amareshwari sriramdasu 2013-05-07, 04:09
+
Owen OMalley 2013-05-07, 15:02
+
Carl Steinbach 2013-05-06, 18:44
+
Carl Steinbach 2013-05-06, 19:35
+
Owen OMalley 2013-05-11, 17:33
+
Owen OMalley 2013-05-13, 17:19
+
Thejas Nair 2013-05-14, 01:14
+
Owen OMalley 2013-05-14, 03:03
+
Thejas Nair 2013-05-15, 02:06
+
yongqiang he 2013-05-15, 17:57
+
Gunther Hagleitner 2013-05-15, 19:50
+1

- built from source, passed all tests (without assertion fail or
conversion to backup task)
- working good with queries from running-site
- some complaints on missing HIVE-4172 (void type for JDBC2)

Thanks

2013/5/12 Owen O'Malley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Based on feedback from everyone, I have respun release candidate, RC2.
> Please take a look. We've fixed 7 problems with the previous RC:
> * Release notes were incorrect
>  * HIVE-4018 - MapJoin failing with Distributed Cache error
>  * HIVE-4421 - Improve memory usage by ORC dictionaries
>  * HIVE-4500 - Ensure that HiveServer 2 closes log files.
>  * HIVE-4494 - ORC map columns get class cast exception in some contexts
>  * HIVE-4498 - Fix TestBeeLineWithArgs failure
>  * HIVE-4505 - Hive can't load transforms with remote scripts
>  * HIVE-4527 - Fix the eclipse template
>
> Source tag for RC2 is at:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hive/tags/release-0.11.0rc2
>

> Source tar ball and convenience binary artifacts can be found
> at: http://people.apache.org/~omalley/hive-0.11.0rc2/
>
> This release has many goodies including HiveServer2, integrated
> hcatalog, windowing and analytical functions, decimal data type,
> better query planning, performance enhancements and various bug fixes.
> In total, we resolved more than 350 issues. Full list of fixed issues
> can be found at:  http://s.apache.org/8Fr
>

> Voting will conclude in 72 hours.
>
> Hive PMC Members: Please test and vote.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Owen
+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2013-05-16, 02:44
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-05-16, 02:53
+
Jitendra Pandey 2013-05-16, 03:13
+
Ashish Thusoo 2013-05-17, 19:30
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-05-18, 10:46
+
Alan Gates 2013-05-15, 23:00