MapReduce, mail # user - mapreduce.job.end-notification settings

+
Steven Willis 2012-11-09, 17:51
+
Harsh J 2012-11-09, 20:24
Re: mapreduce.job.end-notification settings
Ravi Prakash 2012-11-12, 06:51
D-oh!

Thanks for discovering this. Sorry for my silly mistake. Filed and patched https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-4786 .

Thanks
Ravi
________________________________
 From: Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 9, 2012 2:24 PM
Subject: Re: mapreduce.job.end-notification settings

Hey Steven,

Nice catch - this may be a bug we should fix.

There are 4 relevant properties in MR2:

Attempts: "mapreduce.job.end-notification.retry.attempts" and
"mapreduce.job.end-notification.max.attempts".

Retries: "mapreduce.job.end-notification.retry.interval" and
"mapreduce.job.end-notification.max.retry.interval".

I believe the configs of the latter of both of the above
classifications were meant to be added in as replacement names, but
the property names got added in wrong (as the former/older named ones)
in the XML.

Could you file a JIRA for this as well as there being an issue with
the word "seconds" in the description of retries? The code in MR2's
JobEndNotifier seems to expect seconds but uses it directly in
Thread.sleep(…) without making it milliseconds, which may be a bug we
need to fix as well, perhaps in a same issue as the configs ones.

--
Harsh J