MapReduce, mail # user - How to work around MAPREDUCE-1700

Re: How to work around MAPREDUCE-1700
David Rosenstrauch 2010-08-12, 23:21
On 08/12/2010 07:02 PM, Ted Yu wrote:
> How about hack #3:
> maintain your installation of hadoop where you replace jackson jar with
> v1.5.4 jar ?

Thanks for the reply Ted.

If I understand correctly, you're suggesting we keep our own customized
hadoop installation, which we'd install on all the boxes in our cluster?

Not too ideal a solution, though, and arguably harder to maintain than
the other hacks.  We've standardized on using Cloudera's CDH for all our
Hadoop boxes, so this would really impose even more of an admin burden.

DR