HDFS >> mail # user >> Start and Stop Namenode

Start and Stop Namenode
Hi,

I am new to 2.2.0, after running the following command to start the first namenode, I used jps to check the cluster:
./sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --script hdfs start namenode
starting namenode, logging to /usr/local/hadoop/yarn/hadoop//logs/hadoop-hduser-namenode-hd01.emblocsoft.net.out
jps
3405 Jps
3132 DataNode
The name of ID 3132 is DataNode, is this correct as I expected something like "3132 NameNode"? does it mean that the following two commands are doing the same thing in 2.2.0?

./sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --script hdfs start namenode
./sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --script hdfs start datanode

regards

+
Harsh J 2013-11-28, 05:25
+