Hive >> mail # user >> Hive/Hadoop Interface

Re: Hive/Hadoop Interface
When mapred.job.tracker is set to local (default value) or
hive.exec.submitviachild is set to true, MapRedTask instance is used.
Otherwise ExecDriver instance is used.

Please refer to
trunk\ql\src\java\org\apache\hadoop\hive\ql\exec\TaskFactory.java