MapReduce >> mail # user >> Custom Hadoop metrics in Map Reduce jobs

Custom Hadoop metrics in Map Reduce jobs
Hi Hadoop users,

I have been reading about Hadoop metrics framework, and I was wondering is
it possible to create custom metrics for specific job.

In my use case I want to capture some specific information per record which
is processed. So I was thinking to create custom code in my Hadoop job to
send these information using Hadoop metrics. Is this possible to implement
? If so can anyone share any example how things should be done?

Thanks,
dinok
+
Harsh J 2011-11-02, 09:42