Hadoop >> mail # user >> Is TeraGen's generated data deterministic?

+
David Erickson 2012-04-14, 20:53
Re: Is TeraGen's generated data deterministic?
Yes, both versions of teragen are completely deterministic. They each use a random number generator with a fixed seed.

-- Owen

On Apr 14, 2012, at 1:53 PM, David Erickson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi we are doing some benchmarking of some of our infrastructure and
> are using TeraGen/TeraSort to do the benchmarking.  I am wondering if
> the data generated by TeraGen is deterministic, in that if I repeat
> the same experiment multiple times with the same configuration options
> if it will continue to generate and sort the exact same data?  And if
> not, is there an easy mod to make this happen?
>
> Thanks!
> David
+
Raj Vishwanathan 2012-04-14, 21:15