Hadoop >> mail # general >> Large feature development

+
Steve Loughran 2012-08-31, 17:07
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-09-01, 08:20
+
Steve Loughran 2012-09-02, 14:58
+
Eli Collins 2012-09-02, 19:47
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-09-01, 19:47
+
Eli Collins 2012-09-02, 20:00
+
Arun Murthy 2012-09-02, 22:11
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-09-03, 01:12
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-09-03, 07:05
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-09-03, 07:31
Re: Large feature development

On Sep 3, 2012, at 12:31 AM, Todd Lipcon wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 12:05 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> But, I'll stand by my point that YARN is at this point more "alpha"
>>> than HDFS2.
>>
>> I'll unfair to tag-team me while consistently ignoring what I write.
>
> I'm not sure I ignored what you wrote. I understand that Yahoo is
> deploying soon on one of their clusters. That's great news. My
> original point was about the state of YARN when it was merged, and the
> comment about its current state was more of an aside. Hardly worth
> debating further. Best of luck with the deployment next week - I look
> forward to reading about how it goes on the list.

Everyone +1'ed the merge, now we'd like to rewrite history?
Also, it's current state is much that what you trivialized as 'deployed to one cluster' - again, please read my email on the effort we've undertaken to get where we are. That's a lot of work by many tens of people - hardly good form to trivialize them as you did.

Arun
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-09-03, 07:22
+