Hadoop >> mail # user >> can't disable speculative execution?

Re: can't disable speculative execution?
Yang,

No, those three are individual task attempts.

This is how you may generally dissect an attempt ID when reading it:

attempt_201207111710_0024_m_000000_0

1. "attempt" - indicates its an attempt ID you'll be reading
2. "201207111710" - The job tracker timestamp ID, indicating which
instance of JT ran this job
3. "0024" - The Job ID for which this was a task attempt
4. "m" - Indicating this is a mapper (reducers are "r")
5. "000000" - The task ID of the mapper (00000 is the first mapper,
00001 is the second, etc.)
6. "0" - The attempt # for the task ID. 0 means it is the first
attempt, 1 indicates the second attempt, etc.

--
Harsh J