Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] create a hadoop-build subproject (a follow up on the thread 'introduce Python as build-time...')

+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-12-05, 17:24
+
Colin McCabe 2012-12-05, 18:35
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-12-05, 18:41
+
Doug Cutting 2012-12-08, 00:20
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-08, 01:31
+
Colin McCabe 2012-12-10, 18:50
+
Colin McCabe 2012-12-10, 19:33
+
Radim Kolar 2012-12-12, 03:16
+
Colin McCabe 2012-12-12, 18:22
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-12-12, 18:20
Re: [DISCUSS] create a hadoop-build subproject (a follow up on the thread 'introduce Python as build-time...')
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> you can do mvn install in the plugins project and then you'll be able to
> use it from the project you are using the plugin.

Avro has its Maven plugins in a module that's used when compiling
other modules.  You can build all of Avro without installing any of
it.  So I do not think that Maven plugins need to be installed to be
used, but can just be in a separate Maven module.  The Hadoop plugins
might, e.g., be placed a sub-module of Common.

Doug