MapReduce, mail # user - map reduce and sync

map reduce and sync
Lucas Bernardi 2013-02-21, 21:17
Hello there, I'm trying to use hadoop map reduce to process an open file. The
writing process, writes a line to the file and syncs the file to readers.
(org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSDataOutputStream.sync()).

If I try to read the file from another process, it works fine, at least
using
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSDataInputStream.

hadoop -fs -tail also works just fine

But it looks like map reduce doesn't read any data. I tried using the word
count example, same thing, it is like if the file were empty for the map
reduce framework.

I'm using hadoop 1.0.3. and pig 0.10.0

I need some help around this.

Thanks!