HBase, mail # user - HBase client slows down

Re: HBase client slows down
Doug Meil 2012-10-09, 17:32

It's one of those "it depends" answers.

See this firstŠ

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#perf.writing

Š Additionally, one thing to understand is where you are writing data.
Either keep track of the requests per RS over the period (e.g., the web
interface), or you can also track it on the client side with...

http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.html#
getRegionLocation%28byte[],%20boolean%29
Š to know if you are continually hitting the same RS or spreading the load.