Hadoop >> mail # user >> why not hadoop backup name node data to local disk daily or hourly?

+
周梦想 2012-12-20, 09:48
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-20, 10:08
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-20, 10:24
Re: why not hadoop backup name node data to local disk daily or hourly?
Hi Mohammad,

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am sorry Andy, I forgot one important point.
>
>  The Secondary NameNode has been deprecated now, so consider using the
> Checkpoint Node or Backup Node. Checkpoint Node is the process which is
> actually responsible for creating periodic check points. It downloads
> fsimage and log edits from the active NameNode, merges them locally, and
> uploads the new image back to the active NameNode.

This isn't true anymore. We are continuing to keep the SNN and have
undeprecated it. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-2397.
We are perhaps deprecating the CheckpointNode though:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-4114.

--
Harsh J
+