Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Towards Hadoop 1.0:  Stronger API Compatibility from 0.21 onwards

+
Sanjay Radia 2009-08-28, 00:43
+
Doug Cutting 2009-08-28, 17:35
+
Sanjay Radia 2009-08-28, 21:52
+
Doug Cutting 2009-08-28, 22:15
+
Sanjay Radia 2009-09-25, 15:28
+
Doug Cutting 2009-09-25, 17:05
+
Dhruba Borthakur 2009-09-25, 17:13
+
Allen Wittenauer 2009-09-25, 19:03
Re: Towards Hadoop 1.0: Stronger API Compatibility from 0.21 onwards

On Sep 25, 2009, at 12:03 PM, Allen Wittenauer wrote:

> On 9/25/09 10:13 AM, "Dhruba Borthakur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > It is really nice to have wire-compatibility between clients and
> servers
> > running different versions of hadoop. The reason we would like
> this is
> > because we can allow the same client (Hive, etc) submit jobs to two
> > different clusters running different versions of hadoop. But I am
> not stuck
> > up on the name of the release that supports wire-compatibility, it
> can be
> > either 1.0  or something later than that.
>
> To me, the lack of wire compatibility makes will make "Hadoop 1.0"
> in name
> only when in reality it is more like 0.80. :(

My sentiments exactly, though I could learn to live with it ....

+
Allen Wittenauer 2009-09-25, 19:50
+
Doug Cutting 2009-09-25, 20:18