Accumulo >> mail # dev >> tserver.readahead.concurrent.max set to 64 but only running 32 at most.

+
David Medinets 2013-05-15, 20:44
+
Eric Newton 2013-05-16, 17:25
Re: tserver.readahead.concurrent.max set to 64 but only running 32 at most.
Thanks. I double-checked our system by running config in the shell (as
opposed looking in the configuration file). The config command reported a
'system' override of 32. So that explains the limit that I saw. I'm not
sure where that 'system' override came from.
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> tserver.scan.files.open.max
>

> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 4:44 PM, David Medinets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > When tserver.readahead.concurrent.max was set to its default setting, the
> > load on our tservers was fairly low. So I changed accumulo-site.xml so
> the
> > max is 64. (Go for the gusto!) Then restarted the tservers to ensure the
> > change was picked up.
> >
> > New queries are now running 32 concurrent scans on each server with
> several
> > scans waiting in the queue. Is there some other accumulo parameter that I
> > need to set to get more than 32 concurrent scans? Is something else
> > affecting the scans?

+
Keith Turner 2013-05-17, 17:10