MapReduce >> mail # user >> stop-dfs.sh does not work

stop-dfs.sh does not work
Hi users.

    I start my HDFS by using :start-dfs.sh. And add the node start
successfully.
However the stop-dfs.sh dose not work when I want to stop the HDFS.
It shows : no namdenode to stop
           no datanode to stop.

I have to stop it by the command: kill -9 pid.
So I wonder that how the stop-dfs.sh does not  work no longer?
Best regards