Avro >> mail # user >> map/reduce of compressed Avro

Re: map/reduce of compressed Avro
Thanks Martin.

What will happen if I try to use an indexed LZO-compressed avro file? Will
it work and utilize the index to allow multiple mappers?

I think that for Snappy for example, the file is splittable and can use
multiple mappers, but I haven't tested it yet - would be glad if anyone has
any experience with that.

Thanks!
Nir.