HBase >> mail # user >> HBase Checksum

Re: HBase Checksum
Yes that log is a debug level log, as I saw in the source.  But I too
enabled DEBUG and still never saw that log message.

But I, unlike you, see absolutely no change in performance.

One test I did however that makes me think it is actually enabled: if I
submit from another user I start getting security warnings about that user
not having permission for shortcircuit.  So perhaps it is working, but I
have no clue why that log fails to show anywhere.

Regarding enabling checksums that is an interesting question.  Do I have to
do a major compaction after enabling so HBase writes the checksum?  Or will
it detect the setting change and do that automatically?  What if I disable,
will it remove the checksums?
On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 6:30 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Robert Dyer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]