Pig >> mail # user >> Synthetic keys

Hi,

I am using this:

x = join a by 1, b by 1  using 'replicated';

with the hope that it generates some synthetic key '1' on both a and b and
joins it on that key, thereby, in this case, doing a clean map side cross of
a and b with no schema changes (exactly the way a cross would work). It
seems to be working, but since I just tried it and it worked, I am not sure
if there is anything in there I should be aware of. Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Mehmet
+
Jonathan Coveney 2013-05-24, 16:15
+
Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu 2013-05-24, 16:21
+
Pradeep Gollakota 2013-05-28, 17:30
+
Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu 2013-05-28, 18:04
+
Pradeep Gollakota 2013-05-28, 18:07
+
Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu 2013-05-28, 18:18
+
Sergey Goder 2013-05-24, 16:51