Bigtop >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] BOM for release 0.7.0 of Bigtop

Re: [DISCUSS] BOM for release 0.7.0 of Bigtop
I would like to thank the Bigtop community for the job that you are doing. I personally see a great value in integrating all the various Hadoop ecosystem projects under one roof and making sure that they are working with each other. Thank you!

We had discussions about what Sqoop community would like to see in Bigtop distribution on our last Sqoop user meet up. We've agreed there that Sqoop2 is our primary focus and the future of the project. However for the time being Sqoop1 contains far more features (incremental import, various special connectors, ...) and downstream integrations (Avro, Hive, HBase, HCatalog, ...) in comparison with Sqoop2. Thus we as a Sqoop community would prefer for sake of our users to have both major versions available inside the BigTop distribution. Sqoop1 for users who needs all the advance features and Sqoop2 for pushing the future direction to people, so that we can get early feedback and incorporate it into the project. I strongly believe that we as a community do understand that it's just our wish that might not fit into BigTop philosophy of releasing bleeding edge versions, so please do not take this as that we are forcing Bigtop to include both major versions. I believe that Sqoop community will understand if BigTop community decides to include only Sqoop2 for the 0.7 release.

Jarcec